The chateau in Kravaře was created on the site of a Renaissance fortress from the 16th century.
The first mention of the fortress is from 1377. It used to stay in the western part of the chateau grounds, where there were found the foundations of this fortress. At that time it was held by Wenceslas of Kravaře. After the Lords of Kravaře this estate was held from 1420 to 1575 by Lords of Šlevice.
In the 16th century, this original fort was abandoned and beside it a new Renaissance fortress was bui...